Came across this recipe in Darryl “The Big Marn” Brohman’s Barbeque Cookbook, and it’s a cracker. Perfect for any occasion, but best cooked on a hot summer day.
- 500g rump or sirloin (whichever you prefer)
- Salt and pepper
- 15ml olive oil
- Loaf of sliced sourdough
- Cup of rocket
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Caramelised onion, ready to serve
- Mayonnaise (or whatever sauce you prefer!)
- Get the barbeque nice and hot (you want it smoking!)
- Season the steak with salt and pepper, rubbing with olive oil on both sides.
- Place steak on the grill and cook until your liking.
- Rest steak while you toast sourdough on the grill.
- Butter sourdough and add tomato, onion, rocket, and sauce.
- Slice the steak across the grain, and add to sandwich.
- salt and pepper to taste, and serve!
Adam’s Tip: If you don’t have a BBQ, you can cook it the same on a stovetop!