Pile up your plate and taste buds with this juicy steak stack. It’s one of those meals where a little love goes a long way.
- 2 x Beef Fillet Steaks (500g)
- 2 thick slices of Gouda cheese
- 100g capsicum (chargrilled)
- 20g baby spinach leaves
- Crank up your oven to 220 degrees (or 200 fan forced)
- Cut steaks in half horizontally, making two stacks (2 bases, 2 tops).
- Take the 2 bases and top each with a slice of cheese and half the chargrilled capsicum and spinach. Crack on some salt and pepper, then add the steak tops and tie the stacks up tightly with kitchen string.
- Heat up a frying pan and spray with cooking oil. Cook the steak stacks until browned on both sides, then transfer carefully to the tray and put it in the oven. Cook, uncovered, for approximately 10 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Take the steak stacks out of the oven and let them sit for about 2 minutes, then remove the kitchen string and dig in.
Adam’s Tip: Great with sweet potato wedges or salad.
- SERVES – 2